A retired Catholic priest facing more than 50 child sex abuse charges says he is still too ill to appear in court, report The Courier Mail and Perth Now.
The priest, 77, taught in south-east Queensland schools in the 1970s and 1980s. Detectives earlier this year brought 57 charges against the man.
The retired priest, who cannot be named, did not appear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court yesterday and his lawyer, Barry Ryan, tendered a medical certificate to excuse his client's appearance.
It was the fourth time the matter was adjourned since its first mention on March 12. After that adjournment, his then-lawyer, Jim Coburn, said his client was in poor health but did not detail his sickness.
The matter was adjourned to September 30.
FULL STORY Retired priest "too ill" for court (The Courier-Mail)