This Commission focuses on fostering unity among all Christians and building harmonious relations with people of other faith and systems of meaning.
The purpose of the Commission is to:
- Assist the Archbishop of Sydney in ensuring that Ecumenism and Inter-religious dialogue is an organic part of the life of the archdiocese
- Generate resources for ecumenical and inter-religious dialogue
- Cooperate with other Christians in prayer and good works
- Initiate, encourage and develop practical ways of building bridges of understanding and co-operation between people of all religions so that we might be enriched and work together for the good of society.
- Motivate Catholics to take up the challenge to work actively towards full visible unity
- Represent the Archdiocese in Ecumenical and Inter-religious Affairs
- Foster a deep appreciation of the unique bond between Jews and Christians
- Work where appropriate with other Commissions in Australia nationally and internationally.
The Commission offers help and encouragement by such means as workshops and seminars.
To read about its work and visit the website, CLICK HERE.