When Pope Francis recently spoke about the Church needing to be a ‘builder of bridges, not of walls’, Judith Lynch was reminded of Oscar Wilde's The Selfish Giant, whose walls around his garden needed to be toppled before light and life could return into it.
- Posted by Pauline Jasudason
There are many useful insights that could be offered by the people of God, in matters of critical importance to the whole Church, writes Garry Everett. Please take up the invitation, or invite yourself. The Church needs you.
Donella Johnston hopes an upcoming Colloquium will help in discerning ways in which the wisdom of women might be better integrated into the life and leadership of the Church.
- Posted by Stefan Gigacz
L'Arche founder Jean Vanier yesterday received the 2013 Pacem in Terris Peace and Freedom Award, writes Holy Irritant Tony Robertson. On Sunday July 7 the village of Trosly-Breuil hosted an International event that saw its famed
- Posted by Christine
- Blogwatch 1 July: Late abortion 'bereavement payments' slammed
- CathBlog June 28: A terrible beauty...
- CathBlog June 27: Learning at the foot of Christ
- CathBlog June 26: And they lived happily ever after
- CathBlog June 25: Heal and gather
- BlogWatch June 24: The socialist with rosary beads
- CathBlog June 21: Tell someone who cares
- CathBlog June 20: Will Agnes take the cake?
- CathBlog June 19: The white knuckle launch
- BlogWatch June 17: No place for the Enneagram