[Note that viewscoming from a single site source other than an official Church site (ACBC, CRA etc) are avoided; for example, a news release from a parish action group or an individual.]
News Comment.If you belong to a church agency, and know that a story which affects your agency or organisation is about to appear in the media, you are invited to be pro-active. If you would like to have your relevant view joined to a story which you think CathNews might be aggregate, contact the Editor-in-Chief via email up until 6am of the day the story will be appearing in the media.If appropriate, your comment can then be woven into the narrative aggregated by the CathNews editors. Remember, the more timely you are, the more likely it is that your comment can be used. I
Okay, so there’s how. Submit, and someone more diplomatic than I am will tell you if your story fits. When it comes to the discussion boards, though, that is still down to me. And I am still working on my diplomatic skills. Some days are better than others….
Christine Hogan is the Communications Manager of Church Resources.
Disclaimer: CathBlog is an extension of CathNews story feedback. It is intended to promote discussion and debate among the subscribers to CathNews and the readers of the website. The opinions expressed in CathBlog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the members of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference or of Church Resources." } -->
Years ago, when I was considering a career path, I considered the diplomatic service. Why not? I wanted to travel, was studying French Hons and Japanese at university, did night classes in Spanish and Italian, so it seemed a good fit. When I proudly
- CathBlog - 'Sacrifice' loses friendship of the Mass
- CathBlog - The Good Samaritan misses a flight
- CathBlog - On being Ciarán
- CathBlog - This presence is for 'real'
- CathBlog - A Fitzroy girl
- CathBlog - Four weddings and no sacred commitment
- CathBlog - Christian funerals are God's celebration
- CathBlog - Stephen Hawking's God gaffe
- CathBlog - Failure is a lonely place
- Cathblog - Reality surrounds Social Justice Statement launch