Sisters of Charity Community Care Ltd conducts two ministries on behalf of the Sisters of Charity of Australia. One operates in rural New South Wales and the other in rural areas of southern Queensland. They provide financial and other practical assistance particularly to people who have been affected in the short and long term by droughts, floods, fires and other natural events, as well helping those who suffer from personal misfortune and isolation.
Sisters of Charity Community Care Ltd is an Australian Public Company Limited by Guarantee, a Public Benevolent Institution and is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission. It is a Deductible Gift Recipient.
The governance and management of the Company is vested in a Board appointed by the Trustees of the Sisters of Charity of Australia.
The position is located in Sydney at Bondi Junction. Over recent times it has required between seven and ten hours’ work per week. This workload can vary depending on demand. The times of work are flexible and can be negotiated.
The duties of the Executive Officer include:
- Prepare papers and reports, including financial reports with the assistance of a bookkeeper, for the Board’s consideration.
- Provide secretarial support to the Board, which usually meets six times a year.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Board.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Coordinators of the Company’s ministries as the representative of the Board.
- Liaise with external organisations and individuals on matters affecting the Company and its ministries, including with the Company’s auditor.
Essential selection criteria for the position are:
- A commitment to advancing the charism and mission of the Sisters of Charity of Australia through the work of the Company.
- A basic understanding of company law.
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High-level organisational skills.
- Experience in financial management & reporting.
- Superior writing skills and attention to detail.
The position is classified as part time and remuneration is made on the basis of hours of work claimed. Superannuation and pro rata annual leave entitlements apply. Employment is generally governed by the Miscellaneous Award 2010.
Applicants are asked to address the six selection criteria set out above.
Applications close on 31 March 2017.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or posted to:
Sisters of Charity Community Care Ltd
35 Grafton Street
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Enquiries about the position may be directed by email to [email protected] or by phone to 0411 674 440.