Position title: Coordinator: Parish Leadership Formation
Reports to: Director, Archbishop’s Office for Evangelisation
Conditions: Full time
Context: The Archbishop’s Office for Evangelisation (AOFE) is a mission agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne. It is entrusted with inviting, encouraging and supporting the vast array of people involved in Catholic ministry in the various settings where the Good News is lived, proclaimed and celebrated across the Archdiocese. Established in 2004 by Archbishop Denis Hart, its mission is to ‘encourage a new and courageous preaching of the gospel for the new millennium.’ AOFE’s mission is directed to inspiring a creative and imaginative approach to the proclamation of the good news in the context of this time and place.
The Coordinator: Parish Leadership Formation will:
- support all those in positions of leadership by providing formation and ongoing support in their ministry through programs tailored to parish needs
- oversee the work of the Secretariat for Lay Ecclesial Ministry. The Secretariat is a reference point for lay ecclesial ministers and also seeks to determine, oversee and coordinate all matters associated with the formation, accreditation, provision of supervision, ongoing support and pastoral care for lay ecclesial ministers.
- Lead the development of parish leadership formation program content and format
- Work in a strategic manner to support parishes in the delivery of formation programs, events and resources informed, where appropriate, by relevant data (Eg NCLS)
- Respond to requests for leadership formation support from parishes with a view to promoting existing AOFE programs/resources and identifying future opportunities for formation.
- Provide input to the annual calendar and ensure that parish leadership formation programs are available and planned ahead
- Develop courses, programs and events as part of the initial ongoing accreditation of Lay Ecclesial Ministers
- Develop and maintain strong links with key stakeholders including Pastoral Associates, Association of Pastoral Associates, CatholicCare, Catholic Theological College and other key providers
- Management of the accreditation program for Pastoral Associates on an ongoing basis
- Identify pastoral enrichment opportunities for Lay Ecclesial Ministers from existing AOFE programs, with a particular focus on sacramental theology
- Research best practice in mentoring programs and develop mentor program
- Develop and maintain a database of parish leaders to enable ongoing and targeted contact and formation
Qualifications, skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Theology/Religious Education
- Current driver’s licence
- An understanding of parishes and the structures of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne is essential
- Experience of pastoral work in a parish, school or community setting
- Experience in adult faith formation delivery and development of programs
- Well motivated to work for the Church and possess a strong commitment to its mission
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team
- Ability to lead others to achieve outcomes
- Capacity to plan and manage events and to facilitate meetings and workshops
- Confident public speaker
- Ability to work to deadlines and achieve outcomes with a minimum of supervision
- Effective group facilitation skills
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office products
Other Relevant Information:
- A willingness to attend events outside of standard working hours
- The position is located at 383 Albert Street, East Melbourne
- The practice of the Archdiocese of Melbourne is to require all employees to have satisfactorily completed a National Police Record Check and hold a valid employee category Working with Children Check (or Victorian Institute of Teaching registration) as a condition of their employment
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Applications are to be sent to [email protected] by 17th June 2017. Please submit a cover letter along with a current resume.
- For further information and a copy of the Job Description, contact Cathy Jenkins, Director- Archbishop's Office For Evangelisation on (03) 9926 5600
We are a child safe organisation