The Pastoral Research Office is seeking applications for the position of Director. An agency of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, the mission of this Office is to assist the Catholic Church in Australia at all levels in understanding the cultural, social and personal dimensions of religion in the changing contemporary context. Towards this end, it undertakes pastoral planning research and consultancies to support the work of the Bishops Conference, dioceses and Catholic agencies. Major ongoing projects include Catholic participation in the National Church Life Surveys, the National Catholic Census Project and the National Count of Mass Attendance.
The Director will be responsible to the Chair of the Australian Catholic Council for Pastoral Research for the leadership, development, policy direction and provision of pastoral research services to Catholic dioceses and Church agencies throughout Australia in accord with the Strategic Plan of the Pastoral Research Office. The Director is also responsible for policy advice to the Chair of the Australian Catholic Council for Pastoral Research, the Bishops Commission for Administration and Information and other Church agencies.
Full details of this position are available from www.employmentrelations.catholic.org.au
The successful applicant will have:
- A higher degree in Social Science or related field, and have experience in designing and successfully undertaking related research and the dissemination of its findings.
- extensive knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and ethos, its organisational structures in Australia, and pastoral planning requirements.
- quantitative and/or qualitative research skills, and experience in the conduct and reporting of a variety of analyses.
- sound judgement, high-level, effective communication and negotiation skills, high-level interpersonal skills, and commitment to collaborative processes are essential.
- Senior leadership experience, including in leading professional staff in a climate of organisational change and preferably successful experience in Catholic ministry, is also required.
To be considered for this role, applications should address the Knowledge, Skills and Experience as listed in the position description.
Enquiries Ms Jane Bashiruddin 0447 238 432 or [email protected]
Applications including three referees to be submitted via email to Jane Bashiruddin [email protected].
Applications close at 5pm on 28 July 2017
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference is an equal employment opportunity employer and promotes and supports a family friendly workplace. The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia and may be required to provide a Working with Children Check or a suitable Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference respects your privacy. In applying for this position, you will be providing Australian Catholic Bishops Conference with personal including sensitive information.
We can be contacted on 02 6201 9845. To find out more about how we will treat this information, please access our privacy collection notice from www.employmentrelations.catholic.org.au