Hospital Pastoral Care Position
Team Leader/Pastoral Carer (Remunerated)
A vacancy currently exists for a part-time position as Team Leader / Pastoral Carer (remunerated) in the Catholic Team within the Pastoral Care/Chaplaincy Department at the Wesley Hospital.
The purpose of this positions is twofold:
- To ensure that patients, their family members and staff receive the benefits of Pastoral Care according to the Catholic vision for hospital pastoral care in the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
- To provide leadership and support to other members of Catholic Team within the Pastoral Care /Chaplaincy Department of the Hospital and to represent the Catholic Church at any Chaplaincy Department meetings and at other official Hospital meetings and functions.
Ideally applicants will fulfil the following requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to support by action, communication and example the vision for Catholic hospital pastoral ministry, within an ecumenical team
- Successful completion of Chaplaincy/Pastoral Care training with a sound theological background to support the Vision for Pastoral Care in hospitals in the Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Previous experience within a pastoral care team in a hospital environment.
For an application kit contact Judy Norris on 33243193 or email [email protected]
Applications will close Friday 1 September, 2017