The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is a Religious Institute of Catholic women who advance the reign of God by engaging in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. As women of mercy inspired by the gospel and their foundress, Catherine McAuley, their mission is to live hospitality, compassion and justice. Their ministries include health, aged care, education, social welfare, advocacy and environmental sustainability.
There is an expectation that all those who engage in ministry will embrace mercy values and ethos in their respective roles.
Much of the administration of ISMAPNG depends on a dedicated team of women and men who work closely with Leadership (Institute Leadership Team, Institute Executive Team and Community Leaders) in supporting the mission by providing relevant advice, efficient services and practical solutions.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with Leadership to provide professional high level executive and administrative support including coordination of information, diary and email management, handling correspondence and phone screening.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Organising meetings, preparing agendas and transcribing minutes
- Record keeping, organising and storing documents and computer based information
- Arranging travel requirements including flights, accommodation and car hire
- Maintaining effective communication with a broad audience
- Managing the flow of correspondence and other documentation.
- Uphold and support gospel values and mercy ethos
- Experience in supporting senior leaders within a complex environment
- Advanced competency in the use of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to be sensitive and discreet and hold confidentiality when required
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- A confident and approachable demeanour.
This is a permanent full time position and a salary commensurate with experience is on offer. Some interstate travel will be required from time to time.
To obtain further information or a position description, please contact Vivian Meloni on 03 9249 9650.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close Monday 28 August 2017
A police check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment being made.