- Senior Leadership role
- Values-based organisation
- South East Qld: Brisbane-Fortitude Valley based
For more than 50 years Centacare Brisbane has been the social services arm of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Brisbane, working in partnership with various levels of government and the community. With a workforce of more than 3000, plus volunteers, Centacare responds to local needs from over 200 service sites, touching the lives of more than 100,000 people each year.
Centacare Family Relationship Services, with approximately 110 employees, is one of the service directorates of Centacare.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role ensures a cohesive and integrated model of support to clients and is integral to the success and quality of service standards. This position is responsible for the leadership and strategic direction of the Family and Relationship Services Directorate, which provides support in services including counselling services for families and children, services assisting clients in relation to domestic violence situations, family dispute resolution for separating families, relationship education – especially Pre-Marriage Education, and some community programs.
We anticipate that people interested in this role will be able to demonstrate:
- A genuine interest in the nature and scope of the services provided by Centacare Brisbane
- Senior level leadership experience in a role where a business or commercial mindset is required while providing a professional, caring and supportive service
- Highly relational with a desire to be ‘out & about’ to engage with people, thereby building and maintaining effective relationships
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- A management style which is empowering and consultative
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to thrive in a complex setting
- An understanding of and commitment to the teachings and practice of the Catholic Faith.
While this leadership experience can come from any functional area or industry sector, we encourage applicants with a Social Sciences / Human Services or similar especially focused on family systems and relevant practice frameworks to consider this opportunity, especially those with exposure to sectors such as health/hospital; social services/community; or Church and government agencies.
The successful candidate requires:
- The ability to develop effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Highly effective communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong understanding of statutory requirements
- Tertiary qualifications and experience relevant to the development and management of community and/or social services in a dynamic complex environment
- Governance and Risk Mitigation Management
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
Apply now! Do not miss out on this opportunity to lead a dynamic community service. For further information contact Teresa Walters Assistant Director Human Resources on 3324 3147 or Apply by clicking on the link below or send an email with your (word formatted) resume attached.
Reference: TWCFRS to [email protected]