commencing January 2018
The Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea through the Board of Mercy Education Limited invites applications from appropriately qualified and experienced educators for the position of Principal, commencing on 15 January 2018.
Established in 1910, Our Lady of Mercy College Heidelberg (OLMC Heidelberg) is a Catholic College with an enrolment of 1176 girls from Years 7 to 12. The College is one of twelve schools owned by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea and governed by Mercy Education.
The Eligibility Criteria requires the successful applicant for the position of Principal to:
- be a practising Catholic who demonstrates a firm commitment to Catholic Education
- be committed to continuous improvement which will drive strategic planning
- be able to inspire the provision of an innovative and excellent education for girls
- demonstrate strong leadership in contemporary learning and teaching
- be cognisant of the issues facing adolescents and well versed in student wellbeing
- have experience in staff development and management
- have demonstrated ability in organisational leadership
- possess highly developed interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all members of the College community, local Church, other schools and educational authorities.
In addition, it is expected that the successful applicant will be familiar with and supportive of the educational philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy.
Detailed information, Selection Criteria and required application procedures for the position are available at www.mercy.edu.au/employment
Formal applications are to be addressed to Mr Christopher Houlihan and emailed to: [email protected]
If posting an application, please mark it ‘Private and Confidential’ and address it to:
Mr Christopher Houlihan, Chief Executive Mercy Education Ltd,
c/- PO Box 5067, ALPHINGTON VIC 3078
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5.00 pm on MONDAY 28 AUGUST 2017
Please note: All applications will be acknowledged on receipt by return email. Please contact Mercy Education if you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Friday 1 September 2017 for interview.
An insight into the work of Mercy Education may be obtained by visiting our website: www.mercy.edu.au
ABN: 69 154 531 870