Kincoppal - Rose Bay, School of the Sacred Heart, is a leading Independent Catholic day and boarding school. The School caters for boys and girls from Early Learning to Year 6 and girls from Year 7 to Year 12.
We have a strong boarding community, with a third of our senior students from regional NSW, interstate or overseas, living on our iconic campus at Rose Bay. We now seek an empathetic Head of Boarding House, to contribute actively to student academic, physical and spiritual care. The Head of Boarding House will also teach in the Senior School, reporting to our Director of Boarding and is permanent full time. Accommodation will be provided for the successful candidate.
Key Selection Criteria
- Preparedness to commit to the Mission of a Catholic School, and the goals of the Sacred Heart Education
- Ability to establish positive, supportive relationships with students, their families and the Boarding community
- An understanding of adolescent girls and their pastoral and academic needs in a residential environment
- As this is a teaching role, qualifications in education and BOSTES accreditation to teach in NSW
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and knowledge for a subject area and the way it is taught with a knowledge of BOSTES syllabus requirements and pedagogical principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with teachers and members of the Boarding Team to contribute to a culture which encourages open communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Inspirational leadership for excellence and quality learning outcomes
- High level of organisational skills, with the ability to implement and maintain systems
- Capacity to think strategically and to contribute to the School’s Strategic and Operational plans
- Valid Working with Children (WWC) number and First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis, Asthma Management Certifications
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 25th August 2017.
In accordance with Child Protection legislation all people seeking child-related employment are required to complete a ‘Working With Children’ Check clearance prior to employment. Please see www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au for further information