Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) is a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, affordable housing options, retirement living, senior support, disability, carer and education services to more than 6,500 people across Victoria and southern New South Wales.
As an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne, our values including respect, compassion and inclusion guide us to deliver the highest quality services to individuals of all faiths and backgrounds.
About the Role:
To support the organisation's continued growth and service expansion, VMCH seeks an Executive-level individual, responsible for the maintenance, development and guidance in respect to Mission, Pastoral Care and Volunteers.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is integral in leading and shaping our organisational values as well as holding responsibility for pastoral and volunteer services.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Developing significant strategies and systems to ensure VMCH has in place a tangible mission that is visible to all;
- Working with the Executive Team to identify organisational needs and strategies to develop VMCH into the future, in keeping with the Catholic ethos of care, and our identified vision and values;
- Developing an annual operational plan for the provision of services within the portfolio and maintaining appropriate records;
- Ensuring that Staff and Volunteers have a clear understanding and ownership of the vision and values, are supported in times of change and growth and feel valued and able to contribute positively to their workplace.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in theology or equivalent;
- 5+ years prior experience in a Senior Management capacity;
- A comprehensive understanding of the theological and ecclesiological understanding of Catholic identity, mission and pastoral care;
- Ability to analyse and communicate on issues in relation to Catholic Church teachings and health, ageing, disability and specialist education;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with residents and clients, families, employees and volunteers;
- Demonstrated ability to operate with discretion and to maintain complete confidentiality;
- A current Victorian driver's licence.
We are committed to being an employer of choice and provides employees with:
- A Supportive Working Environment and Workplace Culture;
- Ongoing Professional Development and Career Pathways;
- Flexible Working Arrangements;
- Purposeful and Meaningful work;
- Generous Salary Packaging Benefits.
To express your interest, please apply by clicking the link below:
Permission to conduct a criminal records check and Evidence of Australian Work Rights will be required.