CatholicCare Sydney is the social services agency of the Archdiocese of Sydney. It is a leading not-for-profit Catholic organisation serving the community by providing a wide range of care and support programs and services assist children, young people, individuals and families. With the recent changes that have occurred in the social services sector, CatholicCare is undergoing a transformation that will enable it to better serve the community it has supported for more than 75 years. At the centre of this transformation is CatholicCare’s desire to strengthen its partnerships with the Catholic community including parishes, schools, groups, movements and the broader Catholic community Sydney.
Reporting to the General Manager, Community Engagement, the Manager, Mission & Outreach is responsible for promoting the mission and services of CatholicCare to the broader community through innovative strategies that build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships with key internal and external Church entities. A full-time position, and based in Lewisham, this is a pivotal role in creating and maintaining pathways between CatholicCare and the parishes, schools, groups and movements of the Archdiocese. The position requires an active knowledge of the structure of the Archdiocese and the operations of the Church more broadly but also an ability to think strategically with the Community Engagement Team so as to plan for the most effective outcomes. The role is unique in that it acts as a conduit for information and services, ensuring CatholicCare’s mission is known and understood within the broader Catholic community in Sydney.
The Manager, Mission & Outreach will ideally possess the following knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church’s structure, and an understanding of the sensitives and nuances working within the Church
- Tertiary qualifications in an area that is relevant to the role
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relations and build collaborative partnerships at a senior level
- An understanding of the challenges being faced by parishes, schools, other Catholic entities and the Catholic Church more broadly
- An ability to understand and deliver upon the commercial imperatives within an organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication, and an ability to work in team
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata, REACH Human Resources, on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications must include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements of the role) and Resume and be sent to [email protected]
Applications close 26 January 2018.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position