Position Description (PDF)
- Leading international Aid and Development Agency.
- Full-time, permanent role, based in Sydney.
- Lead Caritas Australia’s Project Compassion campaign and grow community support.
Caritas Australia (CA) is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
The Diocesan Director Archdiocese of Sydney/ Community Participation Leader – NSW/Eastern Region will promote social justice action in the Archdiocese of Sydney and the wider community, through prayer, reflection, formation, Community Fundraising, education awareness, Advocacy and volunteering that promotes the work of Caritas Australia.
The role will develop and build strong relationships and partnerships with Senior Church leaders, Clergy, other Religious Agencies, parishes, schools, universities, Diocesan Agencies, Diocesan Directors and the wider community to support and lead Caritas Australia’s Mission.
For this role, your capabilities and experience will include:
- Significant experience working within a Church, Diocesan or Not-for-Profit (NFP) environment in a community relations, outreach, Parish or Social Ministry position.
- High level ability to coordinate and support geographically dispersed teams.
- An understanding, ability to operate within established church structures.
- An understanding of and commitment to work within the Catholic ethos.
How to Apply for This Role:
To enquire about this role, please contact Fr George Sigamony on +61 499 022 915.
Applications must specify residency or work visa status and include a CV and a Cover Letter which addresses the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.