Part-Time (68.4 Hours Per Fortnight)
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams and to remain connected to their communities and enjoy their independence.
At VMCH we deliver the highest quality services and care to individuals of all faiths and backgrounds. We are a Catholic not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, affordable housing options, retirement living, senior support, disability care and education services to people across Victoria and southern New South Wales.
About the role:
The Pastoral Care Practitioner is responsible for the provision of pastoral care to our Affordable Independent Housing residents. Pastoral care is a model of developing relationships through spiritual and emotional support to all members of the affordable housing community.
The Pastoral Care Practitioner is responsible for the outreach work to residents and will act as liaison between community members and organisations, helping residents get access to care and services they need.
Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the delivery of a ministry of pastoral care, supporting those with mental health concerns
- Be the key point of contact for residents who are moving into our Affordable Independent Housing offering them pastoral care support at this key time of transition
- Liaise with Community Services and other organisations to facilitate residents to receive additional support services they require
- Engage in working with the diverse community, finding creative ways of bringing residents together
- Work closely with the manager of Retirement Living and the Affordable Housing Coordinator to ensure information is clearly communicated and documented to support residents
You will need to demonstrate:
- Formal tertiary qualification relevant to pastoral care (e.g. Diploma in Ageing and Pastoral Care Services, CPE and/or Theological training and/or experience in Social Work)
- Understanding of and relevant experience in pastoral care
- An active faith commitment and a deep understanding of catholic identity and mission
- Ability to operate with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
- More than 5 years’ experience in Pastoral Care Services
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to being an employer of choice and provides employees with:
- A supportive working environment and workplace culture
- Ongoing professional development and career pathways
- Flexible working arrangements
- Purposeful and meaningful work
- Salary packaging benefits
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people's lives, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for the position visit http://careers.vmch.com.au/aw/en/job/495657/pastoral-care-practitioner-affordable-independent-housing