Part-Time Position (45.6 Hours Per Fortnight)
East Melbourne Location (Travel Around Melbourne And Regional Victoria Involved)
Salary Packaging Benefits
- Are you a natural leader who has the ability to motivate others?
- Do you have a comprehensive understanding of the Catholic Church teachings of Catholic identity, mission and pastoral care?
- Do you want to enhance the lives of older Australians and people with disabilities?
About the role:
The Parish Engagement Coordinator will work with the Mission, Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Teams, increasing awareness of and support of Villa Maria Catholic Homes across a wide range of stakeholders. This will involve developing strong relationships within Parishes, Catholic schools and other Catholic organisations by setting appointments for mid-week visits and attending/presenting at Mass at different Parishes most weekends.
- Face to face engagement with key Parishes, Catholic school stakeholders across Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne and key regional Parishes
- Develop and maintain contact schedule and detailed visitation notes
- Identify opportunities for Parishes to become involved in communities and support the Mission team in establishing these links
- Work with marketing and fundraising team to continuously maintain the database
- Work closely with the Marketing team to continually develop and update the Parish engagement strategy
You will have:
- A comprehensive understanding of the Catholic Church teachings of Catholic identity, mission and pastoral care
- Ability to support and actively promote the mission of the Catholic Church and VMCH
- Ability to analyse and communicate on issues in relation to Catholic church teachings and health, ageing, disability and specialist education
- Strong public speaking and writing skills
- A current Victorian driver’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop and grow relationships (and income) through networking
Through our passion and commitment to everyday people, Villa Maria Catholic Homes (VMCH) works in partnership with people of all ages and abilities. From all faiths and backgrounds, to achieve their goals, remain connected to their community and maintain independence.
We’re a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, providing services to 7,600 people across Victoria. Ask anyone at VMCH and you’ll find we’re driven by wanting to achieve outcomes that enhance the lives of older Australians, people with disability, families and carers.
We have a long history in listening to what people want and need. By making sure we can deliver services to match those needs, we can offer greater choice and opportunity to our customers. We want to help build compassionate and sustainable communities, so everyone is included.
Today we offer services that cover affordable housing options, residential aged care, retirement living, home community and disability services and specialist education. We’re an agile organisation constantly improving how we do things.
Our organisation is committed to being an employer of choice & provides employees with:
- A supportive working environment and workplace culture
- Ongoing professional development and career pathways
- Flexible working arrangements
- Purposeful and meaningful work
- Salary packaging benefits
To apply for the position visit http://careers.vmch.com.au/aw/en/job/495705/parish-engagement-coordinator
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.