Position Description (PDF)
- Values driven not for profit organisation with a clear mission. Based in Fitzroy. Full-time.
- Lead, develop and inspire a small team of committed staff and passionate volunteers
- Drive advocacy efforts and manage operations and key strategic relationships
St. Mary’s House of Welcome (St Mary’s) has almost 60 years’ experience in providing services to marginalised, disadvantaged, socially isolated people who are experiencing homelessness and mental health issues. Inspired by the Daughters of Charity, St Mary’s seeks to further social justice by standing with disadvantaged people offering support, solutions and hope. St Mary’s operates with a non-judgmental ‘open door’ service approach to its community.
People experiencing homelessness, mental health, drug and alcohol issues and chronic social disadvantage often develop a point of disaffection and disconnection with the broader community. St Mary’s is a place where everyone is welcomed, opportunities for social connection are created, and where practical support, activities, structured programs, information and referral to external agencies are provided.
The Chief Executive Officer, as the public face of the organisation, will work with the board, staff, volunteers and a broad range of external stakeholders to develop and deliver the strategic goals, whilst also overseeing, developing and participating in day to day operational activities, building the agency’s profile and reputation and providing consistent high-level advice to the board on operations, policy and planning.
The remit of the Chief Executive Officer includes:
- Providing leadership to achieve the vision and mission of the organisation
- Managing human resources
- Ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Budget and financial management including securing and growing financial support
- Governance and reporting
- Management of external relationships, including all levels of government and active participation in, and contribution to, key strategic partnerships
A highly skilled and nuanced communicator, you are ideally tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and have specific not for profit sector experience at a senior level in homelessness, health, human or mental health services. You are highly collaborative, calm, respectful, flexible and compassionate in approach.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately experienced individuals inspired by the work and ethos of St Mary’s - whether they be existing CEOs who are looking for a new opportunity to make a difference, or senior managers looking to step up to a challenging CEO role.
Specific questions, requests for the position description and applications are to be forwarded to Mark Dalton, Independent Recruitment Consultant via [email protected]
Applications must include a current resume and a brief application letter outlining your claims to the position and will be accepted up to 5pm Friday 4 May 2018.