Position Description (PDF)
About the role
In this exciting, newly created role, as the Community Engagement Officer you will be responsible for developing relationships with community groups, especially Catholic schools and parishes, supporting fundraising, as well as volunteer and foster care recruitment.
The Community Engagement Officer will work closely with our dynamic fundraising team to create community fundraising opportunities, as well as develop and implement new strategies to engage relevant communities and create strong relationships with connected communities to help meet fundraising, carer recruitment and volunteering targets.
- Introduce MacKillop to Catholic schools and parishes, particularly those with a connection to MacKillop’s founding congregations.
- Ensure opportunities are leveraged to convert key target audiences to fundraisers
- Develop and deliver presentations for community groups interested in MacKillop Family Services in collaboration with other organisational staff
- You will have exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with strong capacity to build rapport in person and over the phone with people of all ages and stages, including children and young people.
- With an understanding and empathy towards the ethos of the Catholic faith, the successful candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate fundraising activities or events.
- An understanding of Catholic social teaching principles and at least one year’s experience in fundraising would be an advantage.
Based in the heart of South Melbourne, this is a part time (0.6EFT) role offering good work-life balance and a great team environment, as well as the opportunity to join an inspiring, values-driven organisation.
How to apply
Please visit the Careers section of our website - www.mackillop.org.au - for a copy of the position description and MacKillop employment application form. To apply, email your resume, a cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for this role, and your employment application form to [email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact Nichole Alfreds, Fundraising Manager on (03) 9257 2214.
The application closing date is the 3 June 2018