Position Description (PDF)
Youth and Young Adults Ministry Coordinator
All Saints Catholic Parish Liverpool
Part Time, 30 Hours per Week
All Saints Catholic Parish Liverpool is a community of faith in the Catholic tradition with a rich diversity of cultures and backgrounds. Guided by the Holy Spirit and honouring those who have gone before them, it embraces the present and future with hope by reaching out in the way of Jesus Christ to all with whom it shares its journey, supporting the ongoing needs of parishioners and striving to grow as an inclusive, vital and faithful Catholic community in the spirit of the New Evangelisation.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, the Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator’s (Y&YAMC) primary responsibility is to assist the Parish Priest to grow All Saints Parish as a faith community that welcomes, engages and fosters the development and participation of youth and young adults in Catholic life and worship in the spirit of the New Evangelisation, thereby promoting a vibrant youth and young adult faith culture in the Parish.
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Supporting current programs
- Assessing needs and opportunities and facilitating appropriate responses
- Collaborating with the relevant staffs of All Saints Schools
- Outreaching to State Schools and coordinating the Special Religion Program in the five State Primary Schools in the Parish
- Coordinating the development and implementation of a Parish Youth and Young Adult Ministry Plan
- Collaborating with the Sacramental and Ministry Coordinator in developing faith formation programs and strategies for children
- Liaising with Sydney Catholic Youth (SCY) and with other Catholic and non-Catholic personnel in relation to youth and young adult opportunities
- Maintaining the Parish Website and Social Media platforms
Key to this position is the capacity to promote a shared understanding of, and commitment to the mission of the Parish as a community committed to the new Evangelisation and to champion the central role of young people in fulfilling this mission.
This position is a part time role working 30 hours per week. The particular working days are negotiable. A capacity and willingness to work on weekends is necessary.
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator will:
- Be a fully initiated and active participant in the worship and life of the Catholic Church
- Have appropriate knowledge, skills and experience in the key areas of responsibility of the Position;
- Have appropriate tertiary qualifications in Theology or Religious Education
- Exhibit a strong desire to listen to, communicate with and encourage young people in the Catholic faith
- Exhibit a developed sense of Church and the nature of evangelisation in the Australian parish context
- Exhibit an ability to work inclusively and collaboratively as a member of the Parish Team
- Exhibit an ability to develop, implement, manage and evaluate plans, programs and processes, to lead small groups and to relate comfortably with a wide range of people
For a confidential discussion about this position please contact Anthony Spata, REACH Human Resources, on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]reachhr.com.au
Applications must include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements of the role) and Resume and be sent to [email protected]
Applications close Friday, 1 June 2018.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a Working With Children Check and a relevant Police Check as part of the recruitment process.