- Initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Sydney CBD based and close to public transport
- Attractive salary package
- Immediate start
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney is home to more than 600,000 Catholics and is one of the oldest and largest Archdioceses nationally. As well as nurturing the spiritual lives of the hundreds of thousands of Catholics, the Archdiocese, through its agencies, ministries and parishes, supports thousands more in the local community through health and aged care, education, welfare and community services.
The Executive Assistant will provide legal and executive administrative support to the General Counsel. The Executive Assistant will also assist with any overflow work of the Business Manager and Financial Controller and will provide support as required.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Providing high-level executive support to the General Counsel and ensuring the smooth running of the office
- Typing, editing and formatting of documents including letters, emails, court documents and contracts
- Preparing of correspondence or documents including confidentiality letters and contracts at the instruction of the General Counsel
- Filing and maintaining legal files
- Collating weekly status reports and statistical information and maintaining registers of legal files
- Processing correspondence and emails
- Preparing briefing materials and presentations
- Maintaining minutes of meetings
- Diary management
- Maintaining strong working relationships with a broad range strategic partners and other key stakeholders
Key to success of the Executive Assistant will be their attention to detail, proactive nature, initiative, good judgment and their organised approach to work.
More specifically, the Executive Assistant will possess the following:
- Minimum of 4-5 years experience as a Legal Secretary or Executive Assistant providing executive support and assistance at the senior level
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in taking minutes of meetings
- Excellent organisation skills, with a focus in attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Professional manner and presentation
- Ability to act with discretion and to maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands and priorities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and an ability to prioritise under limited time constraints
- Ability to work well within a team and to contribute to a positive workplace culture
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
For a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Spata on 0402 210 055.
Applications must include a Cover Letter (outlining how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements of the role) and Resume.
Please forward applications to Anthony at [email protected]
There is no formal closing date. Kindly apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.