The Finance Officer will report directly to the Bishop of Broome, Bishop Christopher Saunders, and be responsible for:
- Managing the finances of the Diocesan Office, the Kimberley Retreat Centre, and oversee the finances of the parishes.
- Preparing budgets, BAS, FBT and financial reports.
- Overseeing the management and maintenance of property and vehicles of the Diocese in conjunction with the Property Manager.
- Managing payroll; priests, staff and volunteers salaries/wages/stipends records.
- Managing creditors / debtors.
- Overseeing the effective functioning of the day-to-day operations of the Diocesan Office
- Other duties as directed.
- This position requires specific experience with MYOB
The Property Manager will report directly to the Bishop of Broome, Bishop Christopher Saunders, and be responsible for:
- Developing the Budget in conjunction with Finance Officer
- Monitor expenditure against Budget
- Manage vehicles and properties, including maintenance, purchasing and selling, as directed by the Bishop.
- Manage Insurance policies for the Diocese of Broome, including completing insurance claims
- Oversea management of Airplane including maintenance, usage and expenses
- Manage Full Time Gardener
- Monitor Builders Activities
Essential Requirements for both roles:
- Support the Catholic ethos
- Possess some understanding of the organisational structure of the Catholic Church in Australia.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in varied situations.
Both positions are based in Broome. The successful applicants will be provided with fully furnished accommodation and a vehicle.
For more information or a detailed Job Description please contact Anneliese Rohr on 08 9192 1060 or [email protected]