- Part Time opportunity (3 x 6 hour days per week)
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Supportive and welcoming culture
The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is a Religious Institute of Catholic women who advance the reign of God by engaging in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. As women of mercy inspired by the gospel and their foundress, Catherine McAuley, their mission is to live hospitality, compassion and justice. Their ministries include health, aged care, education, social welfare, advocacy and environmental sustainability.
There is an expectation that all those who engage in ministry will embrace mercy values and ethos in their respective roles.
Much of the administration of ISMAPNG depends on a dedicated team of women and men who work closely with Leadership (Institute Leadership Team, Institute Executive Team and Community Leaders) in supporting the mission by providing relevant advice, efficient services and practical solutions.
Reporting to the Archives & Heritage Manager and working along side the Assistant Archivist, the successful candidate will join a team of Archivists across Australia documenting, managing and developing the ISMAPNG cultural collections and assisting with research enquiries. This role also carries out project-based tasks and involves some travel to local archives and heritage collections throughout ISMAPNG as required.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to uphold and support gospel values and mercy ethos
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or experience in archives management, records management or museum studies
- An understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of archives management and/or museum collections management
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the principles of privacy and confidentiality in relation to archives and records
- Knowledge of general preservation principles
- The ability to work independently and with initiative and flexibility
To obtain further information, please contact Vivian Meloni at Complete Recruitment Matters on (03) 9249 9650 or simply submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
Please note: A police check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment.