- Full Time - Fixed Term to January 2022
- Commencing January 2019
- $111,320 to $123,684 p.a plus Super
- Located at Dutton Park - Brisbane Catholic Education Office
About the organisation
Brisbane Catholic Education (BCE) is a learning community of over 140 schools within the Archdiocese of Brisbane, covering a geographical area that includes much of south-east Queensland.
Committed to high quality teaching and learning for more than 70,000 young people enrolled in our schools and colleges from Prep to Year 12, we inspire students with a love of learning and a heart of hope, empowering them to shape and enrich our world. Through our partnerships with parents, governments and the community, we provide social responsibility, self-discipline and Christian values for all our students and nurture and support the community in their faith journey.
About the role
You will play a lead role in supporting the Identity, Mission and Religious Education (IMARE) team in the work of Mission, and Catholic Identity. You will proactively engage in enhancing the integration, presence and effectiveness of Catholic Identity and Formation across BCEO and schools, particularly through the BCE Office Strong Catholic Identity Strategy.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- providing specialist advice and data in the design and development of strategies to support implementation of the Strategic Plan;
- preparing briefing materials, correspondence, submissions, papers and reports;
- representing the IMARE team on committees;
- providing support to working parties;
- preparing and delivering presentations to stakeholders;
- providing professional consultancy support and advice to schools and colleges; and
- assisting with coordination and organisation of theological and leadership professional learning events.
- Familiarity with re-contextualisation approach to Catholic identity
- Sound contemporary theology, including an understanding of contemporary Church
- Creative capacity to develop engaging new resources and initiatives
- Passion for helping schools engage in this vital area of Catholic education
- Research and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- A commitment to working and worshipping within the Catholic faith tradition
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Post-graduate qualifications in Theology, Religious Education, Spirituality or equivalent
To make your application competitive you will demonstrate your:
- passion to support a strong contemporary Catholic Identity across the BCE schools’ community;
- ability to promote a culture of reflection, ongoing formation, and strategic planning; and
- enthusiasm to be part of a creative, high performing, highly collaborative team environment.
Your online application requires:
- a current resume;
- a cover letter (2 pages maximum); and
- contact details for two referees.
- A welcoming, collegial and flexible working environment
- Competitive salaries benchmarked to industry standards
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
Your cover letter will summarise your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results areas (refer to the role description) and perform the role successfully.
To view the role description or to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘View Job on Website’ link.
Contact Person: Amanda Hernandez
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3033 7469
Contact Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 01-Oct-2018