The Music and Liturgical Ministries Director (MLMD) is a 12-month contract with an option of a further 12 months with favourable feedback and results.
The role is 21 hours per week (Three days equivalent, flexible) and will require availability on weekends and after hours.
The newly created role of the MLMD is to support the existing members of the liturgical ministries in the Cathedral Parish and foster the growth, formation and support of those involved in these roles.
The duties of the MLMD are to be carried out in the spirit of collaboration with the Cathedral Parish Team.
- An understanding of Christian worship and the important role music and the various liturgical ministries have in enhancing liturgies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent personal musical skills, with the ability to either play an instrument, sing or experience conducting others.
- Ability to organise, participate in and at times lead meetings across the Parish.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the Parish with an extensive group of volunteers and parish workers to enhance the liturgy within the parish.
- Technical skills in maintaining, managing and utilising parish resources associated with music and other ministries.
- Experience in rostering, annual audits and report preparation.
- Skills in forming others to improve their own skill set.
- Ability to work with the Parish Liturgy group and the Dean of the Cathedral to carry out the Parish’s vision of liturgical ministry.
The position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria to:
The Dean - Cathedral Parish
PO Box 9
Bathurst NSW 2795
or email: [email protected]
A position description is available on request.
For more information please contact Fr Paul Devitt on (02) 6331 3066.
Applications close 4.00pm, Friday 26th October 2018