Position Description (PDF)
- Act as the central point of contact for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Assist the Portfolio Strategy Manager with reporting, finance and student matters
- Full-time, continuing position located at our MacKillop Campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Students, Learning and Teaching portfolio is responsible for strategy and programs in the University that centre on students, learning and teaching and the staff responsible for program and service delivery. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching), supports the Vice-Chancellor in providing leadership to a range of programs including First Peoples and Equity Pathways, Libraries, the Learning and Teaching Centre, the Office of Student Success, as well as Student Engagement and Services.
As the Executive Officer, you will act as the first point of contact for the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching) and demonstrate professionalism in a busy environment where competing demands will draw on your organisational strengths. The Executive Officer facilitates and maintains positive, professional working relationships and will need to be adept at exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality appropriately. More specifically the role entails:
- diary, email and travel management, including arranging hospitality when required
- identifying issues and exercising judgement to refer complex matters
- processing invoices and reconciling expenditure
- high level organisational capacity and the ability to prepare meeting papers and visually appealing presentations and reports.
You will need:
- relevant tertiary qualifications or proven experience providing high level administrative support to senior management in a complex/national organisation
- highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- demonstrated ability to draft and proof documentation.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $78,228 - $91,409 pa, including salary component $77,242 - 83,004 pa (HEW Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Danielle Thomson, Portfolio Strategy Manager, (02) 9465 9277.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: 23 October 2018 at 11:55pm