Position Description (PDF)
About the Organisation
Dominican Education Australia (DEA) was established as a Public Juridic Person of Pontifical Right in 2016 to support the education ministries founded by three Dominican Congregations; the Holy Cross Congregation, Adelaide; the Dominican Sisters of North Adelaide and the Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia and the Solomon Islands. DEA exists ‘to continue in the spirit of St Dominic the charism and traditions of Dominican education ministry’ (Canonical Statutes, 2.2).
About the role
The role of the DEA Promoter of Mission and Identity is to work with the DEA Trustees, Education Ministry Boards and Ministry Leaders as well as supporting school-based initiatives to foster, promote and develop the Dominican charism.
This position requires a Catholic educator with significant vision, experience and demonstrated leadership in providing programs of induction and ongoing formation which convey contemporary understandings of:
- Scripture and theology
- Church tradition and Catholic identity; Dominican spirituality and education
- The continuing Dominican story in Australia
- Catholic education in the mission of the Church
- Stewardship and governance.
The successful applicant (or two applicants sharing the role) will contribute to design and delivery of Formation Programs for DEA Trustees, Education Ministry Boards and Ministry Leaders in the following Schools, Colleges and Centre:
- Cabra Dominican College, Adelaide.
- St Dominic’s Priory College, North Adelaide
- St Lucy’s School, Wahroonga
- Santa Sabina College, Strathfield
- Siena College, Camberwell
- St Mary’s College, Adelaide
- Catherine Sullivan Centre, Strathfield
Skills and experience
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Highly developed understanding of, and personal commitment, to Catholic education and the provision of formation for those governing and leading Catholic schools/colleges
- Appropriate undergraduate and post-graduate qualifications in theology, education, religious education and/or leadership
- Relevant experience and demonstrated effectiveness in Catholic leadership, including an understanding of the Dominican charism
- An ability to establish a positive rapport with a diverse group of Catholic school leaders and staff
- A demonstrated ability to lead and engage participants in rich and contemporary experiences of faith formation.
- A personal commitment to the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- A capacity to contribute to the planning and implementation of Formation across seven DEA education ministries
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively
- Professional manner and presentation
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to operate with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
Applications are welcome from those interested in fulfilling the role on a full-time basis or in undertaking some aspects of the role on a part-time basis. It is therefore possible that this position may be filled by two people sharing the role.
If you require further information, please call Marita Winters, DEA Executive Officer, on 0438 491 574.
Please send application, including covering letter, Curriculum Vitae and any supporting documentation to [email protected]. DEA ministries are based in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide, and consideration will be given to applicants from each of these cities.
Application close 15 November 2018