- Opportunity to work for a values based organisation
- Attractive Salary Packaging
- Full Time Permanent role, flexible location (Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane)
St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) is the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider. Initially established in 1855 by the Sisters of Charity, SVHA is a clinical, research and education leader and operator of private hospitals, public hospitals and aged care services in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland. We are proud to serve as a ministry of the Catholic Church in Australia under the stewardship of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
Working closely with and reporting to the Group Manager Ethics & Formation, the purpose of this role is to support the SVHA Mission team in implementing, supporting, monitoring and reviewing strategic activities related to formation and ethics.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for two areas:
- Lead the implementation of special formation programs across SVHA;
- Monitor and report against current project timelines and milestones;
- Plan for and implement formation opportunities for Group Office staff nationally, including orientations and welcoming ceremonies;
- Work collaboratively with the Group Manager – Ethics and Formation to ensure that all staff across the health service have access to formation activities appropriate to their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Undertake ongoing training and/or higher education in the area of Catholic healthcare ethics;
- Work collaboratively with the Group Manager – Ethics and Formation to deliver ethics training and formation across the organisation
- Support ethics consultations and stakeholder engagement on ethical issues;
- Work collaboratively with the Group Manager – Ethics and Formation in developing understanding of current and emerging issues in healthcare ethics as relevant to SVHA;
We are looking for someone who is thinking about starting or is junior in their health care ethics career, and who would be interesting in developing their skills and knowledge in this area so to support the future of health care ethics in Australia.
To be successful in this role, you will have 2+ years’ experience working or volunteering in Catholic Health Care, Catholic Education, or an equivalent ministry within the Church. You will also hold Tertiary level qualifications in theology, theological ethics, religious education, formation, or other aligned area.
You will be able to demonstrate experience:
- of leading formation activities;
- in working effectively and collaboratively as a member of a team, including teams with diverse views;
- of openness to learning and development;
- of organisational skills including the ability to maintain a high standard of record keeping and a demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines;
- in interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with research and technical staff and excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
Experience in coordinating events and projects is desirable, as is prior experience in health or aged care settings.
The role will involve some interstate travel, and so we are also looking for a candidate who is willing and able to undertake interstate travel as part of their work.
In return, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that actively drives and develops programs to support the Organisation’s Ethics and formation Strategy in order to strength and grow the mission of SVHA as a ministry of the Catholic Church. This position also provides excellent scope for personal and professional development with wide exposure to various stakeholders across all SVHA divisions.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply via SVHA’s website: https://svha.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SVHA_SVHA/job/East-Melbourne/Health-Care-Ethics---Formation-Coordinator_JR105896-2