Position Description (PDF)
Our Lady of the Rosary (OLR) Catholic Parish, Fairfield is a parish community rich in history, culture, and known for its commitment to the ongoing spiritual and pastoral needs of its people. Guided by the Holy Spirit and honouring those who have gone before them, OLR embraces the present and future with hope by reaching out in the way of Jesus Christ to all with whom its shares its journey, supporting the ongoing needs of parishioners and striving to grow as an inclusive, vital and faithful Catholic community.
To meet the growing needs of the Parish, the position of Secretary/PA has been created to assist the Parish Priest and Parish Operations Manager in a range of administrative, communications, bookkeeping and office support services. This position is full time (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and is based in Fairfield.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, the Secretary/PA’s will work collaboratively with Parish office staff, parishioners, Parish committees and groups, volunteers and key external stakeholders and ultimately assist the Parish in its mission of pastoral outreach. Your key areas of responsibility for this position will be the following:
- Providing executive-level support to the Parish Priest and the Operations Manager so that their availability to carry out their work can be maximised
- Managing phone, mail, email correspondence, and the scheduling of calendar appointments
- Assisting with proof-reading liturgy texts, contracts and other documents, and researching for homilies, talks, publications, and reports
- Taking meeting minutes and actioning items on behalf of the Parish Priest and Operations Manager specific to their works
- Performing financial accounting duties in consultation with the Operations Manager, maintaining integrity, accuracy and high level of security
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial budgets and monitoring the Parish’s performance against these budgets
- Liaising with the Operations Manager regarding the maintenance and development of the Parish accounting records
- Other bookkeeping duties including, but not limited to, bank reconciliations, payment of PAYG and Super contributions and maintaining payroll records
The Secretary/PA will ideally possess the following knowledge, qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role or in a role encompassing the key areas of responsibility for this position
- Tertiary qualifications in an area that is relevant to this role
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: executive administrative assistance, finance or communications
- Experience in dealing with people
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher Outlook and MYOB
- Current driver’s licence
For a confidential discussion and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications must include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements of the role) and Resume and be sent to Anthony at [email protected]
Applications close Friday, 1 February 2019.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.