Position Description (PDF)
Full Time – Fixed Term Position (12 Months)
As the Learning and Development Officer you will be responsible for developing school resources to be used to support Queensland School Curriculum. Your focus will be ensuring resources reflect the Society values, mission, strategic plan and engage schools and encourage student involvement.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Have worked as a teacher in Australia for a minimum four years
- Have experience developing and implemented school resources
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of the Catholic faith (would be highly desirable)
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland and an ability to work in accordance with policies and procedures to promote the values and mission of the Society
- Demonstrated superior written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Knowledge of school curriculum including Catholic social teachings
- Ability to produce a range of written resources such as lesson plans, learning experiences and curriculum based activities
- Self-manage work priorities and projects to ensure desired outcomes are met.
- Current Queensland Driver's Licence, must hold or be eligible to obtain a Working with Children Suitability Card and a National Criminal History Check
In Return We Offer:
- A competitive remuneration package and tax savings available via externally provided salary packaging options;
- Exciting training and development opportunities;
- An organisational culture built around compassion and integrity;
- Job satisfaction from making a difference every day; and
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, addressing selection criteria via SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/38033984
The St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are encouraged to apply.