The St Vincent De Paul Society Queensland is well recognised for achieving excellent results within the community. Its mission is its strength, as are the members, staff and volunteers that change the lives of those they work with throughout the community.
As the Membership & Development Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Society members (volunteers) in achieving the good works of the Society. Your focus will be on implementing resources, training programs, delivering formation and engaging with members and conferences (local branches). You will empower the philosophy of the Society whilst ensuring best practices are in place with a commitment to innovation, safety and people.
Essential to the role is your ability to communicate, network and build relationships throughout the Diocesan Region (stretching from Childers/Hervey Bay to North Lakes).
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland. As well as a strong understanding of the Catholic faith and ability to deliver and present spiritually based formation activities and resources.
- Relevant Tertiary or TAFE Qualification and/or experience in the delivery of training programs, education, ministry, welfare or related areas.
- Prior experience working and managing volunteers or an understanding of a volunteer led workforce and the not for profit sector.
- Demonstrated superior written, oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- The ability to work independently with initiative as well as part of a team is imperative to this role.
- Current Queensland Driver’s License, and a National Criminal History Check, applied through the Society.
Additional Position Requirements:
Taking on this role you will be expected to work from the Nambour Office. However, it is important to note that the role requires a degree of flexibility. Regular travel to different conferences within the Diocese including overnight stays and the occasional weekend and after hours work will be required.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package (salary package option available), position stability, training and development opportunities and job satisfaction working with a friendly and supportive environment. A motor vehicle is also provided as part of this position package.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, addressing the position criteria highlighted above, via SEEK: https://www.seek.com.au/job/38029167
The St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are encouraged to apply.