Position Description (PDF)
- Combine your passion for social justice with your background in education
- Excellent salary packaging benefits
- Full-time, permanent role based in Sydney
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
As part of the Community Engagement Group, your role will involve:
- Driving strategies for increasing engagement at schools, universities and in the Catholic network across Australia
- Developing your team of Justice Educators on content and delivery of workshops and engagements, and building a culture of information sharing and collaboration
- Staying up-to-date with research and writing about social justice issues
You will thrive as the Coordinator Community Engagement if you want to:
- Put your passion for social justice issues into practice
- Have a positive impact on the next generation
- Love thinking strategically and working with people to make a difference
How to Apply for this Role
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to [email protected] by COB Tuesday 19 February 2019 with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. Coordinator Community Engagement via CathNews).
Applications must specify residency or work visa status and include a CV, Cover Letter and a separate document addressing the Selection Criteria which is set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact the hiring manager, Father George, on 0499 022 915.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a relevant criminal record check and a Working with Children Check if the role is designated as working with Children.