Position Description (PDF)
- Implement a university-wide strategy on Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Coordinate the implementation of student safety initiatives
- Continuing, full-time, located in North Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
As part of the wider portfolio of Education, the Office of Student Success (OSS) provides students with support services to promote student engagement in university life; opportunities for student leadership development; and opportunities for students to develop graduate attributes to become career-ready professionals.
The National Safeguarding Officer (Policy, Support and Compliance) is responsible for ensuring the University is compliant with the legislative requirements, including the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards and the Higher Education Standards Framework (Student Safety and Wellbeing).
More specifically the role entails:
- Implementing a centralised and University-wide Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Action Plan.
- Managing the coordination, implementation and reporting of the Respect. Now. Always. (RNA) Action Plan.
- Monitoring all legislative requirements in various states and territories and updating the University policies and procedures accordingly.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to embed legislative requirements into organisational processes and practices including training, as required.
- Developing guidelines and web-based materials to support the implementation of University’s policies and procedures.
- Preparing updates and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
You will need to have:
- a Tertiary qualification in Education, Social Work, Psychology or Law and/or demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of legislatively compliant policy and procedures.
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- demonstrated strong planning and organisational skills
- a valid NSW or Vic Working with Children Check
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role please visit the ACU Careers Page. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $130,748 - $139,515 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $110,516 - $118,009 (pro rata) pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Pamela Sarly at 02 9465 9154 or [email protected].
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Monday 1 April 2019
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.