Position Description (PDF)
- Leading International Aid and Development Agency.
- Full-time, permanent role, with enhanced benefits package.
- Lead Caritas Australia's Project Compassion campaign and grow community support.
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
The Diocesan Director Archdiocese of Sydney/ Community Participation Leader – NSW/Eastern Region will promote social justice action in the Archdiocese and the wider community, through prayer, reflection, formation, community fundraising, education awareness, Advocacy and volunteering that promotes the work of Caritas Australia.
The role will develop and build strong relationships and partnerships with Senior Church leaders, Clergy, other Religious Agencies, parishes, schools, universities, Diocesan Agencies, Diocesan Directors and the wider community in support of Caritas Australia's Mission.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Significant experience working within a Church, Diocesan or Not-for-Profit (NFP) environment in a community relations, outreach, Parish or Social Ministry position.
- High level ability to coordinate and support geographically dispersed stakeholders.
- Deep desire to spread a mission of social justice – getting out of the office and into parishes, schools, and events.
- An understanding of and ability to operate within established church structures and Catholic ethos.
How to Apply for this Role
To apply for this role, please visit www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to [email protected] by COB Monday 25 March 2019 with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. DD/CPL Sydney via Cath News).
Applications must specify residency or work visa status and include a CV, Cover Letter and a separate document addressing the Selection Criteria which is set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact the hiring manager, Father George, on 0499 022 915.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a relevant National Criminal History Check and a Working with Children Check.