Townsville Catholic Education is seeking applications from dynamic, experienced Catholic School leaders who will lead this well established, vibrant and energetic Catholic High School. Our motto: "One in Christ" represents the great emphasis we place on the pastoral care of our students. Burdekin Catholic High School is a secondary co-educational school catering for students in Years 7 to 12. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader who is looking to guide and direct all aspects of school life in a thriving rural community. Find out more by visiting bshc.catholic.edu.au
A rewarding opportunity
As Principal, you will lead a team of experienced educators who are dedicated to ensuring our students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their individual goals in a positive, safe and supportive environment. In addition, the Townsville Diocese, provides support to you through its operational arm, the Townsville Catholic Education Office. This support takes the form of expertise in Learning and Teaching, Catholic Identity, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including, ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach and able to develop your staff using effective feedback
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Salary range: $149,800 to $163,900
- Up to 12.75% superannuation
- Full relocation assistance
- Access to School vehicle with contribution to FBT costs
- Access to sabbatical leave
How to apply
- Please complete the application form and;
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees (one being your current line manager and the other your Parish Priest)
- Upload a covering letter. In no more than 2 A4 pages, your covering letter must provide clear evidence of your demonstrated ability to lead a school in the following key leadership areas:
Faith and Mission leadership
- Educational leadership
- Staff and community leadership
Please refer to the Position Description and Catholic School Leadership Framework to support your response.
The successful applicant will be required to commence on 15th July 2019.
For a confidential conversation please contact Mary-Ellen Pattinson [email protected]
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services [email protected]
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.