Position Description (PDF)
Purpose of the Role
This full-time position calls for an experienced educator with enthusiasm and commitment to provide leadership and future insight in the area of learning and teaching, particularly as it pertains to the secondary years. The role will work collaboratively both within the Learning and Teaching team which is focussed on formation, innovation and policy and across other CES teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties performed may include, but are not limited to:
- Engage system and school Leaders in inclusive, innovative and future orientated educational practice that is grounded in research.
- Identify and conduct research in the areas of effective pedagogical practice, systematic curriculum delivery, cultures that promote learning, and diverse learning.
- Monitor legislation and identifies develops collaboratively and reviews policies, directions and guidelines to meet legislative requirements.
- Develop frameworks and other system documents to provide guidance for schools in the area of Learning and Teaching
Develop and provide learning opportunities for CES and School Teams so as to share the latest research in the areas of:
- Culture that Promotes Learning
- Systematic Curriculum Delivery
- Effective Pedagogical Practices
- Differentiated Learning and Teaching
- Actively promote, model, and facilitate collaboration across teams and programs to support the needs of the system and schools
- Contribute to the culture of a flexible and dynamic organisation which is prepared to work across teams and professional disciplines to achieve strategic outcomes
- Coordinate school-based networks such as senior and middle leaders of curriculum
- Collaboratively develop, promote and support the enactment of system improvement priorities
- Maintain appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Education and/or a postgraduate qualification (or commitment to commence study)
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the secondary context
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
- Promote child safety at all times
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Applications close 5.00pm, Monday 29 April 2019