Position Description (PDF)
St Catherine Labouré Parish Gymea is a parish community committed to the ongoing spiritual and pastoral needs of its people. The Parish strives to support the ongoing needs of parishioners and strives to grow as an inclusive, vital and faithful Catholic community.
The Catechist and Sacramental Coordinator is a visible pastoral leader who is proactive in the organisation and provision of catechist and sacramental services in the parish. You will work closely with the parish community, Government Schools and the Parish School Leadership Team to lead and create opportunities that will enhance parish life and ultimately assist the Parish in its mission of pastoral outreach. The position is 2.5 days (20 hours) per week, and woking days are negotiable.
Key areas of responsibility for this position will be the following:
- Coordinating the Catechists and Special Religious Education in the four government schools within the parish boundaries
- Coordinating and running (with the support of volunteers) the Sacramental Program for children who do not attend the parish school
- Assisting the Parish Priest with the formation of families for the Sacrament of Baptism
- Implementing and running (with the support of volunteers) a Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program in the parish
The Catechist and Sacramental Coordinator will ideally possess the following:
- A high level of communication skills
- A commitment to the Catholic faith and a familiarity with parish life
- Qualifications and/or experience in pastoral ministry and/or theology (desirable)
- A willingness to undertake Catechist, Safeguarding and Eucharistic ministry training
- A valid NSW Drivers Licence and own motor vehicle
- Ability to work flexibly with some weekend or after hours work
Enquiries and Application Process
For a confidential discussion and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications must include a cover letter which addresses the Key Requirements list above and resume and be sent to [email protected]
Applications close 10 May 2019
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.