- Bring your International Humanitarian and Development experience into focus in this regional role
- Generous salary packaging and benefits
- Full-time, ongoing role based in Sydney
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
As part of the Humanitarian Emergencies Group your role will involve:
- Leading the development and implementation of initiatives that strengthen the capacity of CA staff and partners to better prepare for and respond to disasters in the Pacific
- Strengthening preparedness and response functions of CA’s in-country offices and staff.
- Providing technical advice on disaster risk management (DRM) and ensure that the principles of DRM are appropriately included in the design and implementation of programs supported by CA across the Pacific.
You will thrive as the Program Coordinator Pacific if you are:
- Understanding of issues related to development and humanitarian response in the Pacific region.
- Experienced in working in the international humanitarian field with civil society and/or church partners with a strong focus on disaster risk management, programing and compliance.
- Have highly developed verbal and written communication skills, cross cultural communication and ability to work collaboratively within a team.
How to Apply for this Role
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to [email protected] by COB 22 May 2019 with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. Program Coordinator Pacific via CathNews).
- Include a CV and Cover Letter
- A separate document addressing the Selection Criteria which is set out in the Position Description
- Specify residency or work visa status
For further information please contact Melville Fernandez on 02 8306 3412.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a relevant criminal record check. Additionally, as this role is designated as having contact with children, a Working with Children Check must be obtained by the successful candidate prior to commencing work.