Position Description (PDF)
1. Continued development of the office of Mission Animation for the Sisters of Mercy Parramatta
- To develop an annual plan/outcomes for the role
- To facilitate the development of resources and the implementation of programs for mission values animation in the sponsored works and affiliated schools
- To facilitate the development of rituals and celebrations which reflect story, identity and culture of the Sisters of Mercy within the sponsored works and affiliated schools
- To engage with the leaders of the sponsored works in processes aimed at developing strategies for leadership and education in the charism, values and traditions of the Sisters of Mercy
- To submit and account annually for the budget of the Mission Animation office
- To prepare an annual evaluation and report to the Congregation Leadership Team\• To develop, a professional development plan which will support the growth and development of the incumbent in the role
- To review current literature and participate in relevant conferences and other educational opportunities
- To network with other organisations to ensure the Sisters of Mercy have a wide perspective on mission animation
2. The facilitation and development of strategies which support the charism, values and traditions with the sponsored works of the Sisters of Mercy Parramatta.
- To work to develop the Congregation mission animation plan
- To work consultatively and collaboratively with the leaders in the sponsored works in the development of the plan
- To develop instruments to assess the progress of the mission animation plan
- To undertake an annual evaluation of progress on the implementation of the mission animation plan
- To make adjustments to the plan in the light of the annual evaluation
3. The development and regular review of mission induction and development programs and experiences for new and existing personnel in the sponsored works.
- To assist in the development of appropriate orientation and induction programs in the sponsored works in liaison with the leader/s of the work.
- To identify, in consultation with the leader/s of the sponsored works, areas of need and where appropriate, provide ongoing education in mission, values and tradition
- To recommend to the leader/s of the sponsored works further development of programs as appropriate
4. The development of publications which support mission induction, programs and experiences.
- To work collaboratively with the leader/s of the sponsored works in recommending appropriate mission animation publications for use with staff and clients in the work
- To develop written material for use by the Congregation in informing and promoting the sponsored works of the Sisters of Mercy Parramatta, and To provide written material for use in the sponsored works in mission animation across the works
- To develop written material for use by the Congregation in furthering the mission of the Congregation
Applications Close Wednesday May 22, 2019
To apply, please click here to complete the Teaching Application Form.