The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is a Religious Institute of Catholic women who endeavour to advance the reign of God by engaging in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. As women of mercy inspired by the gospel and their foundress, Catherine McAuley, their mission is to live hospitality, compassion and justice. Their ministries include health, aged care, education, social welfare, advocacy and environmental sustainability.
There is an expectation that all those who engage with ISMAPNG in ministry will embrace its values and ethos in their respective roles.
Taking into account the evolving needs of ISMAPNG, this newly revised role will work closely with the Institute Leader and her Council, and the Executive Director, to lead and coordinate professional executive and administrative support at the Institute Centre in Stanmore, including office management responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing executive support to the Institute Leader and Executive Director
- Coordination of information, diary and email management, handling correspondence and phone screening for the Institute Leader and Executive Director
- Organising meetings, preparing agendas and transcribing minutes as required
- Managing and providing direction to the General Assistant to Leadership and Office Coordinator
- Record keeping, organising and storing documents and computer based information
- Arranging travel requirements including flights, accommodation and car hire
- Maintaining effective communication with a range of stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between the ILT and support staff at Stanmore
- Managing the flow of correspondence and other documentation
- Coordinate programmed maintenance and local finance requirements
- Act as the first point of contact for all technology support for Leadership
- Uphold and support Gospel values and mercy ethos
- At least 5 years experience in supporting senior leaders within a complex environment including office management responsibilities
- Advanced competency in the use of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to be sensitive and discreet and hold confidentiality when required
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and manage a small cohesive team
- Strong organisational skills with the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- A confident and approachable demeanour.
This is a permanent full time position and a salary commensurate with experience is on offer. Some interstate travel may be required from time to time.
To obtain further information or a position description, please contact Vivian Meloni from Complete Recruitment Matters on 03 9249 9650.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
There is no closing date on this position as this is available immediately.
Please Note: A police check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment being made