Position Description (PDF)
1. Provide business consulting support to Secondary Principals and other School Leaders to develop and maintain effective finance, administrative and resource management processes:
- Work with school leaders to provide consulting support on financial compliance and government accountability requirements, effective budgeting and strategic financial planning.
- Work with school leaders to facilitate the development of a school business plan, that is consultative, appropriate and focused on financial improvement and development.
- Provide professional support on developing and enacting appropriate and effective school fee guidelines and collection processes.
- Support schools to develop detailed asset and property registers, and building maintenance programs and schedules.
- In consultation with key stakeholders provide analytic and evaluation support from recognised benchmarks in school-based finance and resource management systems.
- Provide consulting support to schools to analyse appropriate demographic data that informs future capital and master planning.
- Support the Principal or Business Manager when seeking capital funding.
2. Provide coaching, mentoring and support to School Leaders to build capacity within the financial function of schools:
- Develop and coordinate effective collaboration opportunities for Business Managers and finance teams to share initiatives and strategies.
- Support school leaders by providing training and professional learning to build their financial knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide professional guidance to the Principal to set key performance indicators and expectations of the school finance function with the aim to develop improvement strategies and tools when required.
3. Provide consulting support to Secondary schools with the implementation of system initiatives and government requirements in areas of; accounting and assurance, compliance, risk, and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS):
- Provide strategic support to Business Managers and finance teams in preparing for the implementation of the eAdmin function of the Integrated Catholic Online Network (ICON).
- Provide consulting support to Business Managers and finance teams in the development and management of CompliSapce.
- Provide guidance on appropriate risk management processes by developing a consistent risk register, frameworks, processes and embedded effective practices.
- Provide guidance in maintaining and improving OHS requirements including assisting in preparing for OHS audits.
4. Comply with the policies and procedures of the CEO’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System, including requirements to report and eliminate hazards, follow instructions, and participate in training and consultation processes.