The Marist Association of St Marcellin Champagnat invites suitably qualified applicants for the position of Marist Formation Team Member.
Location: Marist Centre Sydney (Mascot) or Marist Centre Melbourne (Brunswick)
Employment Type: Full-time (secondment possibilities can be negotiated)
Commencing: January 2020 or earlier by negotiation
The Marist Association of St Marcellin Champagnat is seeking an experienced school or ministry leader, educator or formator to join the Marist Formation Team.
The Marist Formation Team provides for the service of animation, formation and support of the various Marist Ministries across Australia. The team works with ministry leaders, educators and others, to provide a variety of faith formation opportunities tailored to meet the specific needs of their local context and community.
This position invites a creative, passionate and open response to reading the signs of the times in order to bring the Gospel alive in fresh and engaging ways. It invites enthusiasm and professionalism in the collaborative design, preparation and delivery of a suite of formation programs.
To be considered for this position, you will:
- be a person of faith with a genuine desire to engage and form others in a relationship with Jesus Christ;
- have a strong commitment to the Catholic faith in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling;
- be a person with experience in the area of adult faith formation and spirituality;
- have accreditation to teach Religious Education, and the completion of a Master of Religious Education or Theological Studies would be an advantage;
- have some background/experience with Marist spirituality and/or the Marist educational mission, or is open to embracing the Marist way;
- have some awareness of contemporary issues in the Church and their implications for spiritual formation;
- be creative, innovative and enjoy producing work to the highest standard;
- be articulate and comfortable in public speaking;
- be able to make effective use of adult learning strategies;
- be flexible in approach to working hours and open to domestic travel across Australia;
- be resilient, show initiative, and can work independently;
- be competent in utilising emerging technologies for communication.
For an application package, including a Position Description, please contact Lindsay Franko at [email protected]
Closing date 6 September 2019