Catholic Resources Limited
- How does Church Resources collect Personal Information?
- What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
- What kind of Personal Information does Church Resources store?
- How will Church Resources use Personal Information?
- Your Access to Personal Information
- Will Personal Information be disclosed to anyone else?
- How is Personal Information protected?
- More Information?
The protection of private and confidential information is fundamental to the Catholic Resources Limited ACN 080 995 044 trading as Church Resources (Church Resources).
Church Resources is committed to safeguarding personal information it holds on behalf of its viewers and is committed to do so in accordance with the requirements of the National Privacy Principles (NPP's) of the Privacy Act 1988.
This statement sets out Church Resources' policy relating to the collection, storage, access and use of personal information for all sites that form part of the network of Church Resources digital sites. For a list of all such sites or to find out more about these sites, visit www.churchresources.com.au.
2. How does Church Resources collect personal information?
Church Resources operates the Website. The Website allows viewers to subscribe to become members, subscribe to daily newsletters and to submit comments on certain news articles. Where a viewer subscribes to, or submits a comment, the viewer must provide a name and email address for the purpose of identifying the viewer, which assists the Website's editorial and moderation process. Automatic collection: Cookies: We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a 'User ID'. Cookies contain information by which Church Resources can identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. Church Resources may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that Church Resources believes may be of interest, based on that information. In some cases a web page might contain more than one cookie, the information gathered from these different cookies are used to build statistical and demographical information which does not identify you personally to advertisers and Church Resources partners for marketing, promotional purposes.
To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
3. What if a viewer does not want to provide personal information?
A viewer is not under any obligation to provide his or her personal information to Church Resources. However, if a person does not provide their personal information they may not be able to access requested product or services, or submit and have posted any comments submitted on news articles and the like.
Similarly, Church Resources may also refuse to post comments submitted where false or misleading personal information is supplied.
4. What kind of personal information does Church Resources store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to), name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, company and if relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
How will Church Resources use Personal Information?
Unless a viewer consents, Church Resources will only use personal information collected from the Website for the purpose of identifying and directly contacting the viewer.
However Your personal information may also be used in order to:
- provide the services and information you require;
- administer and manage those services,( including charging billing and collecting Debts if required);
- inform you of CR activities, events, facilities and services;
- provide the viewer with news articles, or other materials
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services;
- gain an understanding of our members', and viewers needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities;
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems;
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our members and viewers, or not for profit status
- process your recruitment application and conduct research into the recruitment process.
Accordingly, Church Resource may write to any email address supplied by a viewer to confirm that the email address is genuine.
5. Your Access to Personal Information
6. Will Personal Information be disclosed to anyone Else?
When posting a comment a viewer has submitted on the Website, Church Resources will post the viewer's name next to the comment to identify to other viewers who has submitted the comment. Church Resources will not post a viewer's email address unless the viewer has requested Church Resource to do so.
Other than the above, Church Resources is not required in the course of its operations to disclose personal information to any outside parties.
Church Resources uses Listbox (listbox.com) to deliver the emails and enewsletters that you may ask to receive. Listbox stores the personal information on behalf of Church Resources but all data, including emails, list content, subscriber lists and any list information disseminated through the Listbox.com services for Church Resources, is the express property of Church Resources.
In certain circumstances, Church Resources may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where Church Resources is compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant.
CR uses the information supplied for the purpose given. Church Resources does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties.
7. How is Personal Information protected?
Church Resources takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Only a viewer can access his or her personal information.
Church Resource maintains physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our electronic data stores and premises. It also maintains computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), and other security measures, such as identification codes and passwords, to control access to computer systems.
Church Resources has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
9. More Information?
POST: PO Box 1522 Crows Nest NSW 1585
TELEPHONE: 1300248 724
FACSIMILE: 02 9439 2802