The logo for the Year of Mercy is worth looking at closely. Unlike many logos, it is full of meaning and significance. It was designed by the Jesuit artist and theologian Marko Rupnik, whose mosaic art adorns and instructs in many major churches and shrines in Europe, writes Bishop Michael McKenna.
The prayer of Pope Francis for the Jubilee of Mercy is material enough for a week’s retreat and some. It is laden with images that are surely bound to provoke conversation on the Christian life in today’s world and to give rise to many prayerful reflections in quiet moments, writes Bishop Christopher Saunders.
- ‘The greatest scourge on the soul of this nation? Racism.’
- Sr Joan Healy: Our time, our place
- Sr Doris Testa: On consecrated life
- Jacquie Remond: Off to the Vatican to meet the Pope
- Sr Berneice Loch: A year to find new ways to meet the Spirit
- Bishop Christopher Saunders on beauty, comradeship, generosity
- My dear Sisters of Charity
- Sr Monica Cavanagh on the Francis Effect
- Pope Francis: Modelling the Ministry of St Peter
- Character: our most precious possession