The Diocese of Townsville is the home of the Catholic Church in North Queensland encompassing an areaa of 434,400 sq klm’s, extending from Townsville on the Coast, to the Whitsunday and Burdekin regions in the South and North to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
The Diocese comprises 27 Parishes, 6 Centacare NQ Centres, 30 Townsville Catholic Education Schools, the system of schools operated by the diocese, Saints Catholic College at James Cook University and 6 early learning centres, 9 kindergartens, 13 Out of School Hours Care facilities (the new single childcare agency will be comprised of these 28 centres)
Based in Townsville, reporting to the Executive Director of a new Childcare Agency in the Diocese of Townsville, the Business Manager’s primary objective is to support the new agency’s leadership and operational team in successfully delivering the Strategic Plan.
The role holder performs the role cognisant of and in harmony with the vision, mission and values of the new childcare agency.
This role promotes authentic Diocesan Childcare services as centres of quality learning and care by supervising, monitoring and mentoring the co-ordinators/directors/kindergarten teachers.
The major responsibility of this role is in the development and delivery of quality care, within the new Childcare Agency’s policies and procedures, all within the framework of Catholic Social Teachings.
The new Diocesan single childcare agency is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Business Manager.
The new Diocesan agency will be the peak provider of child care (Outside School Hours Care, Long Day Care and Kindergarten) in the Diocese of Townsville delivering quality care at 28 locations in the Diocese.
This role you will work as a member of the Leadership Team to maximise financial awareness of the agency, ensure business processes are robust and position the business to support future growth.
You will also work with a growing team of specialists in the functions of software systems, business admin and debt management.
In this role you will
- Improve financial analysis and reporting systems to monitor service performance and improve operational decision making.
- Ensure that the business systems and processes are efficient and effective.
- Build business skills and capability of the Agency operational team.
- Manage fees, funding and other commercial arrangements for Agency services
- Interface with support service areas to ensure the Agency business activities are aligned and professional expertise is utilised.
What we need from you
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Finance or similar
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Experience in managing a service delivery, customer service and/or administration area
- Experience in managing budgets and interpreting financial reports
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in the Not-for-profit sector or child care industry is preferable.
- Salary from $100,000 + 9% super
- Motor vehicle, laptop and mobile phone included
- Opportunity to be part of a new Diocesan initiative, promoting an enthusiastic and supportive workplace culture
- Relocation expenses will be considered
For further information including a copy of the position description please email [email protected]
The Diocese of Townsville has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.