- A rare opportunity to join one of Newcastle’s top 5 employers.
- Play an important role in developing new initiatives for outreach to families through Children’s Ministries.
- Attractive salary and benefits available.
Pastoral Ministries, within the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, has undergone a process of reimagining, renewal and rebuilding. A number of new positions have been identified, replacing previous roles within Pastoral Ministries, to assist the diocese in supporting the diocesan foundations of Worship and Prayer, Formation and Education and Mission and Outreach.
The diocese sees this as an opportunity to continue to support parishes “as places for hearing God’s word, for growth in Christian life, for dialogue and proclamation, for charitable outreach and for worship and celebration” (EG n.28).
The purpose of this position Diocesan Education Officer is to develop and deliver formation, education and training to the members of our parishes, agencies and chancery in the areas of Formation and Education, Worship and Prayer, and Mission and Outreach.
The Diocesan Education Officer will provide support to those involved in ministries such as Special Religious Education, Sacraments of Initiation Programs, Seasons for Growth, Marriage and Relationship Education and the Pastoral Placement Program.
This position also plays an important role in developing new initiatives for outreach to families through Children’s Ministries. It supports parish leaders in their role as providers of faith development of families including children and young people.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated understanding of theology, formation, religious education and spirituality as well as a well-developed prayer and faith life and a mature spirituality.
A Secondment opportunity will be considered for interested Catholic Schools Office – Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle Employees. For further information about a Secondment please contact Talent Partner, Kelly Gibson on 4979 1121 or at [email protected]
This is a permanent full-time position however: Additional Information for Catholic Schools Office Employees – DoMN
Please note, to be considered for this position you must provide individual responses to each the selection criteria below, both essential and desirable.
- Person of faith with a commitment to the Catholic Church and a passion for formation, education and mission;
- Tertiary qualifications in Theology and/or Religious Education, or equivalent qualification;
- Relevant 2 + years experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to achieve outcomes relating to faith formation;
- Ability to engage, inspire, influence and deliver for the organisation;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Sound computer literacy including the ability to effectively operate the Microsoft Office suite;
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence;
- A current Working with Children Check for paid employment.
- Understanding and experience with Theological Reflection and discernment.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this role applicants must upload a current resume, cover letter and document outlining suitability by addressing the essential criteria above.
**Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may mean that your application is not shortlisted.**
The successful applicant must have the right to work within Australia, hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain a WWCC, undergo a National Criminal Check, complete a Health Assessment Declaration, and hold a current Australian drivers licence.
For further information about the position, including a copy of the position description, please visit our website at www.mn.catholic.org.au/about/careers/positions-vacant/ or you can contact Teresa Brierley - Director Pastoral Ministries on 02 4979 1157 or at [email protected]
Applications close: 11.59pm Sunday, 27 October 2019.