Position Description (PDF)
- Part time: 3 days per week, approx. 22.5 hours (hours can be spread over 4 days)
- Strong attention to detail and initiative
- Self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively with others
About The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions
The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions are an international missionary Congregation of women. The Australian Province of Our Lady of the Missions is comprised of communities in Victoria and Western Australia. The Personal Assistant works closely with the Province Leader in the tasks of administrative organisation, offers support to and is accountable to the Province Leader.
We have a part time opportunity for a proactive and highly organised administrative assistant. You will be a self-starter, who can work autonomously and has excellent communication and people skills.
As the Personal Assistant, you will be responsible for providing efficient & effective administrative support to the Province Leader in the coordination of the activities of the Australian Province. You will be a ‘people’ person with the ability to build collaborative relationships with members of the Leadership team and Sisters in the Australian Province by delivering professional and seamless support.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience as a personal assistant or in an administrative role
- Sound administrative skills with exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to build effective relationships and have a calm approach when dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to work autonomously and to meet important deadlines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office packages
- Flexibility to learn and take on new challenges
More about you
You will be someone who is resourceful and can pre-empt the needs of the Province Leader to help manage the activities of the Australian Province. You will need to be a self-starter and incredibly well organised with an adaptable and approachable manner. You are able to manage multiple tasks and be flexible with changing demands and exhibit a high level of confidentiality in relation to sensitive information. You will be an independent thinker, someone who enjoys suggesting improvements and must be able to engage with a variety of people.
How to Apply
Your application should include a CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the Province Leader and emailed to [email protected]. We ask that you briefly outline your experience and the skills you will bring to the role. Please also tell us why you are interested in this position and in working with The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions. For inquiries please contact Genevieve 0411020123.
Applications close on 21 October 2019.
If you are shortlisted for this position, you will be invited to an interview with the Province Leader and Human Resources.