- A rare opportunity to join one of Newcastle’s top 5 employers.
- Play a key role in providing accessible and current information service to adult educators and students in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
- Attractive salary and benefits available.
Pastoral Ministries, within the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, has undergone a process of reimagining, renewal and rebuilding. A number of new positions have been identified, replacing previous roles within Pastoral Ministries, to assist the diocese in supporting the diocesan foundations of Worship and Prayer, Formation and Education and Mission and Outreach.
The diocese sees this as an opportunity to continue to support parishes “as places for hearing God’s word, for growth in Christian life, for dialogue and proclamation, for charitable outreach and for worship and celebration” (EG n.28).
This role as Librarian will re-establish, manage, maintain and supervise a relevant, accessible and current information service to adult educators and students in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The Librarian will provide high quality library and information services to internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of research, assignments, teaching materials and personal and professional development.
The purpose of this position is to continue to develop the ministry of faith formation and education according to the vision and principles of the Diocesan Pastoral Plan (3.3, 3.6).
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated proven experience across key accountabilities such as project delivery, management of day to day operations, budget management/ procurement, promotion of the resource centre and reporting.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Please note, to be considered for this position you must provide individual responses to each the selection criteria below, both essential and desirable.
- Degree in Library Science or equivalent librarianship qualifications;
- Demonstrated experience working in an educational and/or theological setting;
- Demonstrated experience using library management systems and technology including intimate knowledge of Oliver Library Management System or a willingness to be trained;
- High level communication skills and experience in delivering best-practice customer service;
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle and its agencies;
- High level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Excellent organisational skills and high level of initiative with a capacity to work effectively with minimal supervision;
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence;
- Successful applicants must provide accreditation via NESA which includes successful clearances in regard to Working with Children and Criminal background checks.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this role applicants must upload a current resume, cover letter and document outlining suitability by addressing the essential criteria above.
**Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may mean that your application is not shortlisted.**
The successful applicant must have the right to work within Australia, hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain a WWCC, undergo a National Criminal Check, complete a Health Assessment Declaration, and hold a current Australian drivers licence.
For further information about the position, including a copy of the position description, please visit our website at www.mn.catholic.org.au/about/careers/positions-vacant/ or you can contact Teresa Brierley - Director Pastoral Ministries on 02 4979 1157 or at [email protected]
Applications close: 11.59pm Sunday, 27 October 2019.