BBI - The Australian Institute of Theological Education (BBI-TAITE) is seeking an experienced Company Secretary in a casual role (15-20 hours per month).
BBI-TAITE is one of the leading Catholic providers of online theological education in the Asia-Pacific region and is accredited as a Higher Education Provider (HEP) by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) – Australia's independent national regulator of the higher education sector.
The role of company secretary at BBI-TAITE reports to the Chair of the Board and has the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and lodgement of documents with ACNC (Annual returns, changes in Directors, Constitution Registered Office etc); and
- Maintenance of Registers as required under the Corporations Act (Directors, Members, Declarations of Interests etc.)
The role also has responsibility for providing secretarial support and advice to the following groups/meetings:
- BBI-TAITE Board (generally four meetings per annum)
- Audit & Risk Committee (generally four meetings per annum)
- Annual General Meeting of the Members
- All other meetings as called under the BBI-TAITE Constitution.
The Company Secretary is responsible for the compilation and distribution of papers for the respective meetings outlined above as well as the preparation of meeting minutes, which pertain to matters of the company or governance of the company, as directed by the Chair of the Board or Committee. Operational and financial reports prepared for these meetings are prepared by the Management of BBI-TAITE.
- At least 2 years previous experience as a Company Secretary
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business, Corporate Governance, Risk or related fields
Please note that this role is Sydney based, with a requirement to attend meetings at BBI-TAITE’s offices in Pennant Hills.
For further information about this role please contact Karen Shepherd at [email protected]. Applications close October 30, 2019.