Position Description (PDF)
- Make a difference in a leading international NGO by engaging with the Australian Catholic community
- Full-time, permanent role based in Melbourne
- Salary packaging available with full FBT
We are seeking a passionate and skilled colleague who will connect with and build upon relationships within the Australian Catholic community by promoting the mission and values of Caritas Australia. This is a pivotal role in implementing our Community Engagement strategy.
You will thrive as the Social & Ecological Justice Animator if you:
- have experience working within the Catholic Church, Catholic education or the not-for-profit sector
- are adept in relationship building with Archdiocesan authorities, parishes, schools and the wider Catholic community
- are passionate for social and ecological justice, particularly in relation to supporting Caritas’ initiatives supporting the poorest of the poor
- possess strong digital communication and presentation skills
About your next role
You will be involved in:
- implementing and promoting Caritas’ community engagement strategy
- promoting fundraising campaigns and developing community engagement initiatives
- building a network of volunteers to promote the mission and goals of Caritas Australia
- supporting key Diocesan contacts in pursuing the Caritas mission and fundraising
- making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Curious to know more?
Read about our employee benefits: www.caritas.org.au/about/jobs/employee-benefits
Learn more about Caritas Australia and our work: www.caritas.org.au/
Learn more about the principles of Catholic Social Teaching: www.caritas.org.au/learn/cst
For further information on this role, please contact Manager, Social and Ecological Justice Animators, Bernard Holland on 0400 156 249.
Are you our next Social & Ecological Justice Animator (Vic/Tas)?
If you believe in justice (not indifference), partnership (not pity) and a hand-up (not a hand-out), then we’d love for you to apply.
Please send your application to [email protected] by COB Thursday 16 July 2020.
Your application needs to include:
- Cover letter including your residency status (whether you’re an Australian citizen, permanent resident or your visa class)
- CV / resume
- Responses to Skills and Experience (in a separate document, please describe your suitability for the role by addressing each individual bullet point outlined on page 2 of the Role Description under 'Skills and Experience' section)
Attention to detail is something we value! For your application to be considered, we ask:
- In the email subject line, please write the role title and the job platform where you saw the role advertised (e.g. Social & Ecological Justice Animator (Vic/Tas) via Ethical Jobs).
- When saving your files to attach (i.e. your cover letter, CV. Responses to Skills and Experience), please write your name, the document type and the job title in that order (e.g. John Smith - CV - Social & Ecological Justice Animator (Vic/Tas).doc)
- Before submitting your application, please check you have included all 3 documents above.
Our commitment to safeguarding
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. If this position requires a Working with Children Check, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain one before starting work. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo national criminal record checks.
Our commitment to diversity
Caritas Australia supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.